Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Five for Friday and a TpT Sale!

I MADE IT THROUGH WEEK 1!!

       I just finished my first week back to school!  It has been rough!  My kiddos are great --talkative, but great!  The only snafu has been transportation!  When it takes almost an hour to get the kids finally out of the building, that's a problem!  On the first day of school, one bus didn't even show up!!!  They finally had to call the kids' parents to come and get them.  CRAY CRAY!!!!!! And, the worst part, it wasn't just our school involved in the bus debacle of 2013!  It was the WHOLE county!!  Talk about frustrated parents! ( Not to mention the teachers!)  It even made the Atlanta news!  


    But, it's Friday, Friday, Friday!!!!  And that means it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!  I'm so excited to get to link up!  This is the first one I have done since they started back in August!
                                      fiveforfriday2

      Since I haven't been able to blog for the past couple of weeks, I'm going to give you an overview of getting my room ready and a peak at my classroom and our first week.

This is a mess, but it is starting to take shape at this time!  Also, a little panic was taking shape too!!!
                                     
Still working...


This is right before open house for Meet Your Teacher Night.  The top left shows the wreath I made for Monday Made-It over the summer.  The top right shows my wish list.  We put things on it like glitter, brown and white paper bags, popsicle sticks, etc.  


                                        
      
      The kiddos have arrived!  This is one of my sweeties with the frame I made for the first day!  I don't think I ever posted about it, but I got the super-cute frame from Michael's and painted it and added the tag.  


      And, here are some of them working on our first "real" math task from our math frameworks.  They did a fabulous job and I already know they are going to be great mathematicians.  I can hardly wait to dive head-first into our math talk!

      Also, this Teachers Pay Teachers is having a little sale.  Stop on over and pick up all those things on your wish list!  My whole store is 20% off from August 18th - August 19th.  Enter the code BTS13.  Hop on over and check out this huge sale!!

                                         
Till next time...

1 comments:

  1. Oh now your class looks awesome! OH MY GOSH the bus not turning up is crazy!! I'm glad we don't have any buses to deal with at my school.
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips