Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

An Update on the Bomb-Diggity! Finally!

Okay, so it's been an H-O-T hot minute since I last blogged and a lot has happened since then! I'm going to try to bring you up to date!

I left the classroom after 25 years, and I am finishing up my third year as an instructional technology coach. That first year as an ITC was, to say the least, interesting. My colleague, Leslie Fagin, and I were hired at the same time, and neither of us had any experience. We worked really hard on trying to learn as much as we could in our new jobs! Part of that was developing our Personal Learning Network. I had this blog where I would share what I was doing in my classroom, but I began to really reach out and connect with others via Twitter. This was eye-opening to me because before, I had used Twitter mainly as a place to follow my favorite celebrities, but low and behold --- I could actually learn from Twitter!!  

Another component to my new job is to present at conferences. Leslie and I have done just that, from presenting at our local RESA conferences to state technology conferences, to the largest edtech conference in the world - ISTE. I have presented at ISTE 2015, ISTE 2016, GaETC 2014, GaETC 2015, GaETC 2016, RESA Drive-in Technology Conference 2014, RESA Drive-in Technology Conference 2015, and ASCD 2015. 

I have also completed Google Certifications of Level 1 Educator, Level 2 Educator, and I am currently a Google Certified Trainer, as well as a Plickers Ambassador and a Seesaw Ambassador. 

If I look at where I am now, I have been able to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. I am most proud of being about to work with teachers on how to effectively integrate technology into their lessons using the SAMR framework. The WHAT, you say? More about that in an upcoming post!

I am excited about being a part of the ISTE #ETCoaches Blogging Buddies Project. I joined this project because it is going to force me back into blogging. I have missed it so much, but wasn't really sure of how to move forward with it since I was no longer in the classroom. I hope you will stick with me as a work with Pam Shoemaker, Alex Carter, Waneta Hebert, and Emmanuel Andre.  This is a great group of educators, and I look forward to learning from them, as well as them keeping me accountable!

Till next time...













7 comments:

  1. Robin, so glad you decided to join us on the Blogging Buddies journey! Looking forward to continuing to lean and grow with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    I am glad to be on this journey with you, and I can't wait to see what we are able to do in year 4! #BOTB4.0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I look forward to reading your posts and connecting with you.
    ~Pam, one of your blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin! I'm so excited to be on this Blogging Buddies journey with you! It really looks like you've accomplished quite a lot in the past couple of years! I've been curious about the Google educator certifications. I would love it if you could share some information about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Waneta, I saw that you were a Volunteer Champion. We need to meet in person at ISTE!

      Delete
  5. Just stumbled on your blog from twitter - I will be in ISTE for the firs time this year and I'm looking forward to it. Amazing EdTech journey you've had in your career. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thank so much! You will have a fabulous time at ISTE! It is overwhelming the first time, but you will learn so much and meet so many great people! What is you twitter handle? I'd love to follow you if I don't already!

      Delete

Blogging tips