Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Go Googley...with Google Certifications

Happy SundayY'all!

I've had a lot of people ask me about "Going Google," and I can truly say it has been a great learning experience.
Our district became a Google Apps district many years ago! While still in my classroom, my principal  forced ... encouraged us to use Google! I am so glad she did because my knowledge of Google helped me land the job I have now!

Way back in 2014, I became a Google Educator. In order to become a Google Educator, I had to pass a series of five tests - one for Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and I chose to take Chrome and Chromebooks. Each test cost $15 each and took about 90 minutes to take.

Then, they did away with Google Educator...

My colleague, Leslie, and I decided that we wanted to try to become a Google Trainer so through an intensive application process, she and I were chosen to be Google Trainers! That has been an amazing experience because we get to share the greatness of Google with others!

Since becoming a Google Trainer, I have thought of trying to become a Google Innovator, but first, I had to become a Level 1 and Level 2 Educator. These two new titles became the replacement for Google Educator that I had completed back in 2014. I was all gung-ho to take my Level 2 test in April of 2016, and... I failed.   

So I had no hope of applying for that round of Google Innovator. I think I got a bit overconfident, and felt like I didn't need to go over the training. Words of wisdom: Do the training -- no matter how much you think you know about Google!

So a whole year goes by, and I procrastinate taking the Level 2 test again until finally I decided that it is not going to take itself. I begin by taking doing ALL the training for Level 1 educator, and then taking that test. Google gives you three hours to take this test. I finished in two hours. They validate the test as soon as you finish so for those few minutes that they are validating is torture!!

The next day, I began doing the training for the Level 2 test. Again, after I did ALL the training, I took the Level 2 test, annnnnddddd...I passed!  

Google gives you three hours to complete this test too, and finished in two hours 45 minutes. Again, it was torture as they validated my work, but WHOO-HOO, I passed! I did both tests within the span of about two weeks, and I only had about two weeks left in the window to submit my Google Innovator application.

I had already been toying with my video and vision deck already, but I wanted everything to be perfect! With that being said, I submitted my application a couple of days again. I had a pit in my stomach as I hit the submit button. Now, I am anxiously waiting for next week, June 6th, to be exact, when they will announce the latest cohort for Google Innovator in Washington, D.C. #WDC17

Till next time...




4 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you will be accepted in the Google Innovator program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. شركة المثالية للتنظيف الشركة الرائدة لجميع خدمات التنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية - خبراء النظافة الشاملة - خبرة 23 عاما تستطيعون من خلال المثالية للتنظيف الحصول علي افضل خدمات التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات للمنازل والشقق والفلل والمجالس والمفروشات بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية فتقدم شركة المثالية للنظافة كل ما ليديها من امكانيات وخبرات لخدمة عملائها فهي حقا افضل شركة تنظيف بالمملكة وتوفر لعملاها الخدمات بجميع المحافظات فتوفر

    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر

    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

  3. هل تبحثون عن شركة تنظيف متخصصة ؟ هل تريدون الحصول علي خدمات تنظيف بجودة فائقة واسعار رخيصة ؟ هل تعانون من مشاكل التنظيف ؟ اليكم الحل الامثل الشركة التي تقدم خدمات تنظيف شاملة لجميع اركان المنزل وكل ما يحيط به من والي مع التعقيم والتلميع للجدران والسيراميك وتنظيف وتعقيم المجالس والمفروشات وبارخص الاسعار وهي شركة تنظيف بالقطيف والتي من خلالها انتم دائما في امان فمع افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف تحصلون علي منزل نظيف امن خالي من الحشرات والامراض والاوبئة تسطيعون ايضا الحفاظ علي صحة اطفالكم وتكسبوا منازلكم المنظر الراقي المبهر مع شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف فتوفر الشركة جميع خدمات التنظيف التي يبحث عنها اهالي محافظة القطيف وهي تنظيف الشقق والفلل والمجالس والكنب والسجاد والموكيت والمفروشات بجميع انواعها فنولكم

    شركة تنظيف شقق بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف

    شركة تنظيف كنب بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف

    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف
    المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالقطيف

    كما توفر الشركة خدمات مكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات الالمانية المستوردة ذات التاثير الفعال في ابادة الحشرات نهائيا وبلا رجعة فاذا اردتم الحصول علي خدمات مكافحة الحشرات وخاصة النمل الابيض لا تترددوا في الاتصال بشركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف

    شركة مكافحة حشرات القطيف
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips