So, here's mine!
1. Last Saturday, our school participated in a Math Madness competition. It's the first time we have participated so we weren't really sure what to expect, but I think all who participated really enjoyed it! Ten students were chosen from each grade level (1st-5th). They were coached using questions from the common core. On Saturday, each grade level had 70 kids per grade level! Students were seated two to a table with a white board, given 5 tickets, and were read the question twice. If they missed a question, a ticket was removed. Competition continued until just 5 students were left. I'm so proud to say that one of my 2nd graders was one of the top 5!! He was so excited, and so was I!!!!
|This is how is was set up on the high school gym floor. |
There were only 7 left at this time. Some are not pictured.
(Notice those gray shirts? Those are my sweeties!)
|I wish you could see his little face! He was SO excited!!|
2. Here's my baby catching for his high school 9th grade team! I'm so proud of him! We've spent lots of time at the field this week! And tonight, he got the call to move up to the JV team, so he is super stoked!
3. We've been studying author's purpose so we used this cute little PIE to help. I found this on a blog a couple of years ago and I have no idea where so if you know, let me know so that I can give proper credit!
4. This week, I linked up with Denise at Fifth in the Middle. She has an awesome linky where you can link up with bloggers from your state. That is great because I have so often wondered where my blogging buddies were from. It's also great because you can find others in your state and connect with them! Once you link up, you can grab the blogger button for your state! Easy-peasy!!
5. I have been seriously wanting some snow here in middle Georgia, but with no such luck... And, since we haven't had any snow, I decided to create a little myself! I had my students write math story problems, four to a page, cut them apart, and wad them up. I didn't tell them what we were doing at first so you can imagine their surprise when I told them we would have a snowball fight! We would snowball fight and then they would have to go and solve one of the problems thrown. We played several rounds and they loved it! That may be the only snow we get this year so I hope they did!
(I did take pictures, but completely forgot to bring the camera home!)
That all for now! Head over to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for all the Five for Friday posts!
Till next time!