I didn't get to participate last week because I was sick, sick, sick with strep! Ugh! I had forgotten how terrible it makes you feel! Since I didn't get to post from that week, I'm going to go ahead and kind of combine the past two weeks and hit some of the highlights. :)
1. Our school has really been focusing on science and social studies this year with an emphasis on completing STEM projects. Our project that we decided to complete for our unit on matter was to create a hot air balloon. The information can be found here: Children's Engineering. This is a great site to get you started on having your students complete STEM projects. They had an amazing time creating their hot air balloons. I didn't get any pictures of us actually testing the balloons as I had to be in charge of heating the air with the hair dryer!!
2. Pokemon had taken over my classroom! My oldest son loved these when he was smaller, but for some reason, they have made a comeback! I let my class bring little toys and such that they can take outside for recess. They know that if I see them at an inappropriate time, I will put them in my "May Bag," meaning 'They won't get them back until May!' I never have any problem with them being out at inappropriate times! During recess, I have this little huddle of students (boys and girls!) who are comparing their cards! They love it!!
Do your students have anything they are obsessed with?
3. Even though it is now springtime, we have hit a bit of a cold spell. Nevertheless, I have been in search this week for some cute sandals. When the warm weather comes, I want to be ready! I LOVE sandals! I have had NO luck though in finding them so the search continues... Wish me luck!
4. I feel like this week, I was finally able to get back to a normal schedule. With having to give our benchmark assessments and doing the make-ups, our schedule has been all out of whack! Even though I was out Monday, the week seemed to fall right back into place. Ahhhh...a schedule! It's amazing how just a few days off schedule can make the normal sweeties into little not-so-sweeties! Are your students like that too?
5. March is Music in Our Schools month and our fabulous music teacher has all sorts of great activities set up for the students. She has song-writing contests, art contests, musical guests, and so much more! Today, we had one of our school board members come in and play the saxophone! It was sooooo good! I had no idea he played and as the music drifted down the hall, I thought it was a recording! The kiddos had already written thank you letters to our board members this week because it's also School Board Appreciation Week! (Did you know that existed??) Anyway, they were so excited when they found out that they had just written a letter to him!
That's it for tonight, but I'll be revealing my LIE from LaToya's linky over at Flying into First in my next post! You can read about that HERE:
Now, head over to link up with Amanda for Friday Flashback and with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
Till next time...