Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! And I'm in a Workshop...

      Isn't it funny how in the summer we are so excited for Monday because of Monday Made-Its, but during the school year, we are all, "YUCK, it's Monday!"  LOL!!!  Summer is such a different frame of mind!!

      Anyway...I'm here to share my Monday Made-It.

      This has been on my to-do list all summer long, but finally got around to getting my supplies!
                             
                           

      I've put together a short tutorial for you in case you'd like to make your own ribbon wreath!  First, gather all your supplies.

      You'll need:

  • 7 rolls of ribbon (about 4 yards of each color)
    This can be adjusted to fit your needs.  I used 4 solid colors and 3 prints.
  • straight pins
  • a styrofoam wreath form

          
                             

      Next, cut the ribbon into 3 inch lengths.  I originally cut the ribbon longer, but I didn't like how the loops were big.  I feel like I would have ended up using way more ribbon had I kept it like that.

                             

      Once your ribbon is cut, you are ready to start placing the ribbon on the wreath.  Loop the ribbon over and insert the pin through the ribbon.  Then, insert the pin into the wreath form.

                                     

      Now, I've seen other tutorials where they place all of the same color, and then filled in with the next color, and so on.  I TRIED that and I could not focus on that.

      This is what I did instead:  I lined my ribbon up like in the picture a couple up and I placed a ribbon in a pattern working from whichever side needed that color.  


                             

                                     Just keep looping...  Just keep looping...  Just keep looping!

                                  

                                                                 Almost DONE!!

                                   


And, it's DONE!!  

I haven't quite decided how I want to hang it so for now, I just hung it with some sheer ribbon.  I'm thinking about a strip of tulle.

What would you do?

                                              Now go link up with 4th Grade Frolics!
                                                  

Till next time...

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I will have to try this! Thanks so much for the picture tutorial!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I really like how it turned out...just trying to decide how to hang it now!!

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Love the wreath. I nominated you for the Liebster award for now bloggers...because your the bomb diggity (hehe) Head over to my blog to learn more!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pretty pretty

    Cindi
    Diary of a Grateful Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I have been wanting to make one for a while.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The owl ribbon is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is adorable! You have more patience than I do. (:

    Britney
    Tailor-made Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Found you through the linky.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips