Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord

      It is Sunday, and the end is drawing closer!  I have two full weeks until I have to go back. {Insert SAD face here!}

      I usually have my room pretty much set up by this point because I go in and piddle and plan how I want things.  BUT, this year our principal would not let us go back until July 15th.  THEN, we get an email that said we can't get in until tomorrow.  I'm a little, no A LOT freaked out!  They say we will be pleased with the level of cleanliness and I can't argue with that, but freaking out here in central GA has commenced!!  LOL!!

      I'm also linking up with Michelle at Fabulous in First for her Sunday Smorgasbord.  This is such a fun linky because I have been all kinds of random this week.  Well, it seems like every week in the summer!

                                         

      My week started out kinda yucky because I was in a 3 day workshop.  We had reps from different school's within our district.  We had to create our district's Student Learning Objective (SLO) assessments.  This was some hard-core work.  The state department rep was there.  We had a 5 page checklist that we had to complete in order to be checked out on Wednesday!  It was all kinds of CRAY!!  I know you hate that I didn't get any pictures of this awesome adventure, but you know...We had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I didn't want to get in trouble!!

      I also discovered that I must have been living under a ROCK because I had never heard of the fabulous app/website called Remind 101.


      Why, oh why, did I not know about this?  This app allows you to communicate quickly with your parents.   I have a review coming up this Tuesday so stay tuned!  I seriously think it is going to change how I, and maybe you ;) communicate with your parents!

      My next big thing this week is that I bought one of those great home laminators!  I saw on Instagram where I Love My Classroom found one at Walgreen's on clearance so I raced to Walgreen's only to find that my store did not have them on clearance.  I didn't realize they were only 30 bucks in the first place so I snatched it up even though it wasn't on clearance.  I really love it and I've only had it for a few days!!

Laminator L-O-V-E


      Now, head over to Fabulous in First to see what other randomness happened this week!


6 comments:

  1. Remind 101 will change your life! I need to download the app for my phone since I usually just do it on the computer. It's awesome! :)

    Kim
    Carried Away in... K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Kim!! We have to contact parents for every event we have at school so I am definitely looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Remind 101! You will too! It's awesome. I also bought the same laminator (for $8 on clearance at Walgreens!). Your blog is adorable!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 DOLLLARS?!?! Wow girl, you got a D-E-A-L!!!!

      Delete
  3. I want a laminator!!! I've got to get out there shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,
      Someone on my instagram told me that Amazon has them for $24.99, but then I would think you would have to pay shipping...

      And, Dana from the comment above got hers at Walgreens for 8 bucks!!

      Delete

Blogging tips