Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted {7/7}

      It's Sunday already?!?!  I'm just sayin' this summer needs to S-L-O-W down!!  Another week has passed and the south is completely waterlogged...and not in a good way.  It has rained every.  single.  day.  And, a lot of rain, not just a sprinkle here or there!

      Since it's Sunday, it's time to link up with Latoya at Flying into First for Let's Get Acquainted!
                                  
                                                                 
                                                             My Favorite Teacher

      I had many great teachers along the way, but my most favorite teacher of all was Mrs. Wilson, my 2nd grade teacher.  I just remember that she was just the sweetest person ever.  It has been so long ago that I don't really remember anything too specific, no details of lessons, or field trips.  What I do remember is that she made me feel special and loved and that I could do anything and be anything.  She was just the sweetest person ever!  Wait!  Didn't I say that already?  You get the point though!  

      I guess that's where this saying comes from:

                                  

      Mrs. Wilson taught me to teach with my heart and to love the kids in my classroom, and I am thankful that I had her in my life!
That's me in the second row, second person from the left!

Head over to Flying Into First to tell us about your favorite teacher!

Till next time...




3 comments:

  1. Robin, my second grade teacher sounds a lot like yours. It really puts things into perspective when we start thinking about the impact our own teachers had on us. I hope I am making those kinds of impacts with the children I teach, and, have taught. Thanks for sharing!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about my 2nd grade teacher, too! I think it takes a special person to teach the little ones. I know I sure enjoy it :) It's nice "meeting" you! I'm a new blogger as of this summer, so it's been great reading everyone's posts!

    Christine
    Preslar's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Maya Angelou quote. It is so true. As time goes by, we mostly only remember how we felt around a person.
    Polliwog Place

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips